Like, I assume, all Libertarians, I was excited to hear that the Texas LP (see link at right) has gathered a record number of candidates for the year's elections - 211 including local offices. The Lone Star Liberty newsletter celebrating this also contained the URLs of some candidate's webpages. Most seemed to detail the positions of fairly straightforward LP folks, but that of one N. Ruben F. Perez scared the bajesus out of me. Let me count the ways:
- Seriously, pay the $3 for a domain name.
- Is it really necessary to have THREE pictures of yourself, the outside ones of which are negatives?
- You're running for District 32 according to the candidate list, but District 23 on your site. Which did you screw up the numbers on, your form or your site?
- "We should not give away our jobs to foreign workers!" You're about 180 degrees away from both the official LP position on the matter and the TXLP position. Perhaps you meant to join the Libertarian National Socialist Green Party. (I really wish such a thing didn't exist.)
- "Support Right to Life!" "Support Definition of Marriage as only between a Man and a Woman!" Once again, the LP's just not for you.