Wednesday, July 26, 2006

What candidates in need of credibility shouldn't do...

...is endorse anything remotely associated with unpopular conspiracy theories. I know my tendency to think that parties should actually care what people think has been healthily excoriated in the past, but why must Michael Badnarik make so public his undying love for a film which is generally regarded as conspiracy-theorist nutjobbery outside libertarian circles?

I haven't seen America: from Freedom to Fascism, and I sure agree with its title, but sometimes it really is a good idea to think of what other people will think when you're running for office.

(As a side note, trying to put me as a "purist" or a "pragmatists" as if they're mutually exclusive is impossible. Don't bother.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home